Date: 28/10 – 30/10, 2020
Course length: 3 Days
Reference number: F5-TRG-BIG-IRULE-CFG
Location: Cuebid AB, Gustav III Boulevard 42, 169 73 Solna, 8tr
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS COURSE INCLUDE:
- Setting up the BIG-IP system
- Getting started with iRules
- Leveraging DevCentral resources for iRule development
- Exploring iRule elements, including events, functions, commands, variables, and operators
- Using control structures for conditional branching and looping
- Mastering whitespace, grouping, and special symbols
- Measuring iRule efficiency using timing statistics
- Logging from an iRule using syslog-ng and high-speed logging (HSL)
- Optimizing iRules execution, including implementing efficiency best practices
- Modularizing iRules for administrative efficiency, including using procedures
- Securing web applications with iRules, including preventing common HTTP attacks, securing HTTP headers and cookies, and implementing HTTP strict transport security (HSTS)
- Working with strings, including using Tcl parsing commands and iRules parsing functions
- Accessing and manipulating HTTP traffic, including applying selective HTTP compression
- Working with iFiles and data groups
- Using iRules with universal persistence and stream profiles
- Gathering statistics using STATS and ISTATS
- Incorporating advanced variables, including arrays, static variables, and the session table
This course is intended for system administrators, network administrators and application developers responsible for the customization of traffic flow through a BIG-IP system using iRules.
Students must complete one of the following F5 prerequisites before attending this course:
- Administering BIG-IP instructor-led course
- Configuring BIG-IP LTM instructor-led course
- F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator
The following free web-based training courses, although optional, will be very helpful for any student with limited BIG-IP administration and configuration experience. These courses are available at F5 University:
- Getting Started with BIG-IP web-based training
- Getting Started with BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM) web-based training
The following general network technology knowledge and experience are recommended before attending any F5 Global Training Services instructor-led course:
- OSI model encapsulation
- Routing and switching
- Ethernet and ARP
- TCP/IP concepts
- IP addressing and subnetting
- NAT and private IP addressing
- Default gateway
- Network firewalls
- LAN vs. WAN
The following course-specific knowledge and experience is suggested before attending this course:
- HTTP protocol
- Any programming language
Class size is limited to six students. The cancellation policy is as follows:
Registrants may cancel up to four weeks prior to the first day of class for a full refund.
Cancellations received between two-and-four weeks prior to the start date will be eligible for a full credit to any future training offering.
Cancellations received between one-and-two weeks prior to the start date will be eligible for a one-half credit to any future training offering.
Any cancellations received less than one week before the first day of class will forfeit the enrolment fee.
Cuebid AB reserves the right to cancel any class up to two weeks before the first day of class. In the event of a cancellation, all registrants will be eligible for priority rescheduling or a full refund.
Cuebid AB is the only F5 authorized training centre in the Nordic region. Our teachers have been certified and audited by F5 to perform this training. The training has been developed by F5 and we only use official F5 training material.
The cost includes the training, documentations, coffee and light snacks during the day, and a full warm lunch.
The day start at 09.00 and ends approx at 17.00
More information and help such as travel and hotel recommendations is available upon request. Please contact us if anything is unclear.
F5 Authorized Training Centre: Cuebid AB
Address: Gustav III:s Boulevard 42, 169 73 SOLNA
Telephone: +46 8 400 210 80