Date: 20/5 – 21/5, 2021
Course Length: 2 days
Location: Online course
Topics covered in this course include:
- Configuration and management of the BIG-IP AFM system
- AFM Network Firewall concepts
- Network firewall options and modes
- Network firewall rules, policies, address/port lists, rule lists and schedules
- IP Intelligence facilities of dynamic black and white lists, IP reputation database and dynamic IP shunning.
- Detection and mitigation of DoS attacks
- Event logging of firewall rules and DoS attacks
- Reporting and notification facilities
- DoS Whitelists
- DoS Sweep/Flood
- DNS Firewall and DNS DoS
- SIP DoS
- Port Misuse
- Network Firewall iRules
- Various AFM component troubleshooting commands
This course is intended for system and network administrators responsible for the configuration and ongoing administration of a BIG-IP Advanced Firewall Manager (AFM) system.
Students must complete one of the following F5 prerequisites before attending this course:
The following free web-based courses, although optional, will be very helpful for any student with limited BIG-IP administration and configuration experience. These courses are available at F5 University:
- Getting Started with BIG-IP web-based training
- Getting Started with BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM) web-based training
- Getting Started with BIG-IP Advanced Firewall Manager (AFM)web-based training
The following general network technology knowledge and experience are recommended before attending any F5 Global Training Services instructor-led course:
- OSI model encapsulation
- Routing and switching
- Ethernet and ARP
- TCP/IP concepts
- IP addressing and subnetting
- NAT and private IP addressing
- Default gateway
- Network firewalls
- LAN vs. WAN
The following course-specific knowledge and experience is suggested before attending this course:
HTTP and DNS protocols
Class size is limited to six students. The cancellation policy is as follows:
Registrants may cancel up to four weeks prior to the first day of class for a full refund.
Cancellations received between two-and-four weeks prior to the start date will be eligible for a full credit to any future training offering.
Cancellations received between one-and-two weeks prior to the start date will be eligible for a one-half credit to any future training offering.
Any cancellations received less than one week before the first day of class will forfeit the enrolment fee.
Cuebid AB reserves the right to cancel any class up to two weeks before the first day of class. In the event of a cancellation, all registrants will be eligible for priority rescheduling or a full refund.
|Cuebid AB is the only F5 authorized training centre in the Nordic region. Our teachers have been certified and audited by F5 to perform this training. The training has been developed by F5 and we only use official F5 training material.The cost includes the training, documentations, coffee and light snacks during the day, and a full warm lunch.The day start at 09.00 and ends approx at 17.00More information and help such as travel and hotel recommendations is available upon request. Please contact us if anything is unclear.Contact: F5 Authorized Training Centre: Cuebid ABAddress: Gustav III:s Boulevard 42, 169 73 SOLNA
Telephone: +46 (0)10-489 12 80